Prefix the applescripts shipped with Bookends

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
jmm

Prefix the applescripts shipped with Bookends

Post by jmm »

Users of Launchbar and Alfred access all scritps at the same time in the launching utility window, whether they are working on Bookends, Word, Pages or any other app. It is not easy to recall if an applescript named "Scan Document" is to be used from Word or Pages, for Bookends or for an OCR app like Prizmo.

Users cannot solve this problem by renaming the scripts themselves. They would have to compare the original and the renamed scripts one by one from time to time to check if Sonny has modified or added an original to the set shipped with the app. And any upkeeping must be measured against the sheer amount of scripts in a Mac: In my system there are around 200 applescripts in total; not to mention nearly 500 actions, workflows and services.

I suggest that Sonny prefixes the applescripts shipped with the app. In case the usability scenario described here seems sensible. The problem would be solved if Bookends shipped them clearly named, like "Pages - Scan Document in Bookends" and "Word - Scan Document in Bookends". In this link I attach an image that shows how easy it would be to locate scripts with the proposed naming convention in a launching app.