"References were not sent by Papers 3"

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
propofol

"References were not sent by Papers 3"

Post by propofol »

I am following the instructions located at http://www.sonnysoftware.com/updates/updatehistory.html to attempt to import my Papers 3 refs into Bookends. I have already exported the PDFs from Papers 3 to the Bookends main attachments folder (as indicated in the instructions).

When I click on File | Import From Papers 3, I get the dialog box "References were not sent by Papers 3".

The 2500 references I want are highlighted in Papers 3 when I do this.

Can you please help me? Do I need to export an XML file from Papers 3 first, or is Bookends supposed to capture the currently-highlighted refs in Papers 3 to automatically import?

Thanks,

Phil
Jon
Site Admin

Re: "References were not sent by Papers 3"

Post by Jon »

Papers has bugs, there's nothing we can do when they affect handling of AppleEvents. If it's not responding properly to the AppleEvent to export refs you can do it yourself (as EndNote XML).

Before you do, you might try the AppleScript submitted to our AppleScripts forum.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4360

Jon
Sonny Software
propofol

Re: "References were not sent by Papers 3"

Post by propofol »

Thanks. I had to use the XML export from Papers 3. Could not get the AppleScript to work.