BUG (?): Render issues in split-view mode (MacOS 10.13.3 beta)

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
fb3

BUG (?): Render issues in split-view mode (MacOS 10.13.3 beta)

Post by fb3 »

Hi.

I like to work with my editor (scrivener, atom) and bookends side by side on my 27" iMac (left Scrivener3, right Bookends). Usually I do this by just positioning the windows. Now I wanted to use split-view mode (you push the green botton in the window bar and position it to the left or right) and the select the second app to go to the other side...

This works for Scrivener3 (and most other apps I use), but bookends has UI glitches. For instance, I can no longer see the PDF in the bottom window...

Is this a known thing, not supported, or caused by me using a beta software MacOS?

Cheers
MattN

Re: BUG (?): Render issues in split-view mode (MacOS 10.13.3 beta)

Post by MattN »

This sounds like the same known bug that was affecting second displays. Jon told me that this is fixed in a silent update to Bookends. I was advised to re-dwonload the latest release. Please report back here if the update fixes it.
fb3

Post by fb3 »

Unfortunately, this does not seem to fix it...
screen2.png
screen2.png (99.28 KiB) Viewed 6455 times
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Thanks for the report. I see the problem and it's fixed in the next update. As a bonus, I think this will fix the 2nd monitor viewing issue as well.

Jon
Sonny Software
MattN

Post by MattN »

It looks like a 10.13.3 issue then. The Full screen split view works fine for me on 10.11.6

EDIT: Actually, the above is not true. El Capitan is also broken. In the latest version, the second screen issue Full-Screen is not yet fixed.
Also, I noticed that the Split screen issue is also broken in El Cap (for the same reason) but only when Bookends is on the right.
It works fine in split view when Bookends is on the left of the screen. Try it in High Sierra.
Last edited by MattN on Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
fb3

Post by fb3 »

Cool!

Thanks for looking into this...
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

@MattN

I said that it's fixed for the next update. It's not released yet.

Jon
Sonny Software
fb3

Post by fb3 »

Thanks for the update to this issue in .4 Jon !

One minor quirk remains for me though: I can only have the reference list in the left/main window _OR_ the PDF/attachment view when using SplitView, but not both... All the other panels seem to work though. WordCloud and online view function as expected...
I can work with that - I'm just wondering if this is a small fix for you?
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

It's already fixed, and was scheduled to be included 13.0.4. But this cloud sync problem forced us to rush out 13.0.4 and I wasn't quite ready to unveil all the new features and fixes it was going to have (I want to test a bit more). So this particular fix was pushed back to 13.0.5. We'll be releasing that in a week or two (I don't want to rush out updates too frequently).

Jon
Sonny Software