Jumping cursor when searching references

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
gkep

Jumping cursor when searching references

Post by gkep »

I am having a consistent problem on both my iMac and MacBook pro with a jumping cursor when I type into the references search box. The cursor jumps to either the end of the list of authors or ( much less frequently) to the search box in the attachment viewer. This happens after 1-3 characters. The result is that I have corrupted quite a few references by accidentally typing extra characters after the last author’s name, and then hitting enter for the search. Unless I remember what reference was in the widow when I did the search, I can’t easily locate where the extra characters went. I now have to very carefully check to make sure that the cursor did not move after typing each character when searching for articles in my database! Needless to say, this dramatically slows down workflow when inserting references into a paper.

Is anybody else having this problem?
MattN

Re: Jumping cursor when searching references

Post by MattN »

I am not observing such a bug here I am afraid. Running OSX 10.11.6 and Bookends 13.0.3 (recently downloaded).
Perhaps worth reinstalling Bookends, just in case?
Johan_A_M

Post by Johan_A_M »

Just wanted to confirm that I have the same issue on my MacBook Pro.
gkep

Post by gkep »

Johan,

Do you have dragon for mac installed on your computer? Given the problem is not widespread, a software conflict is a likely cause, and less commonly installed software is probably where to look.
gkep

Post by gkep »

Johan,

Just following up on my previous reply, as we are both having the same jumping cursor problem. I think a software conflict is the most likely cause, so perhaps we can identify what software we have in common. My chief suspect is dragon for MAC, although I get the same problem when it is not running.