Critical issue with Cloud Sync

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
edwinc

Re: Critical issue with Cloud Sync

Post by edwinc »

It worked by updating to 13.1 but it's getting most of the attachments wrong. Do I have to reattach manually? Is this the only way to fix it?

Good thing I still haven't imported my Sente library yet...
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

That's not enough information, you must be more specific. For example, what is "wrong"?

Jon
Sonny Software
edwinc

Post by edwinc »

Sorry. By wrong, I meant not attached. I'm looking to see whether it's an iCloud issue. I have configured the attachments folder for iCloud / iOS. Is this the recommended configuration for iCloud? I don't use Bookends on Tap.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

You mean attached by not found? Or not attached. It's an important distinction.

If you are not using iOS then you cannot use the instructions for syncing with iOS -- as the documentation notes, the sync folder must be created by the iOS device, not Bookends.

You should set up syncing as it's detailed in the user guide (Help menu). If that is still not working contact tech support for the answer to the above as well as screen snaps showing how you've configured Bookends preferences (first tab, showing the default attachment folder) and any other information that would be helpful.

Jon
Sonny Software
edwinc

Post by edwinc »

The message reads: "Can't find file ..."

I'll read the user guide and continue through tech support.

Thanks again
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

That means either that your Bookends preferences aren't pointing to the right folder, or that the file is in iCloud and hasn't been downloaded to the HD yet (it will have a cloud icon with a down arrow in the Finder). Or, possibly, that the actual PDF is not in the default attachment folder because you didn't put it there.

I'll wait for your email to tech support.

Jon
Sonny Software