Ordering notecards by page number

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
danzac

Ordering notecards by page number

Post by danzac »

Is there a way to automatically order notecards by page numbers? Or have this as an automatic setting?
~I swore to myself that if I ever got to walk around the room as manager people would laugh as they saw me coming and applaud as I walked away~
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Ordering notecards by page number

Post by Jon »

For highlighted PDF text, the notecards should already by ordered by their top-to-bottom location in the PDF. For Bookends notecards (i.e. notecards that represent text in the database, not the PDF) they're ordered as they are in the Notes field. You can change that yourself with drag-reordering of those notecards.

Jon
Sonny Software
danzac

Post by danzac »

Thanks. I always use the built-in note-cards, and the dragging and dropping is getting tiresome, particularly in large PDFs. Serves me right for not being a linear reader :-) Some sort of auto-sort by page number would be a nice feature for the notestream
~I swore to myself that if I ever got to walk around the room as manager people would laugh as they saw me coming and applaud as I walked away~
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

That would break the relationship between what's in the notecards and the actual data, which is in the Notes field. Drag and drop preserves that.

Jon
Sonny Software