APA6th, newspaper

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
DarrenIngram

APA6th, newspaper

Post by DarrenIngram »

Is there an error with the bundled format?

According to my format manager using default settings a newspaper uses the format a (d|~, ~c`)`. t. j,$ p. ^ pp. $p-`.` $Retrieved from $z

but I see no "c" as a format (as an aside, in the format manager could you make the format "hover over" (or whatever it is called), so one can avoid squinting at the list of options to see if the right selection is there :) )

Looking at APA6th, surely it should be U3 and not c?

I have not knowingly sought before to edit anything here, so I cannot otherwise explain why I should have a "c" here :)

So a. (d). t. [u14]. [u10]. f, v(i~)~|~, ~p-`.` {$doi:$u17^$Retrieved from $z} delivers correctly

Blundy, R. (2016, July 3). Iphone, cola and kinky: What’s in a hongkongers name? South China Morning Press. Retrieved from http://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/arti ... ngers-name

(the title looks odd but I understand sentence case is used and it looks odd with iPhone so I've left it for now as default; but you get the picture).
Jon
Site Admin

Re: APA6th, newspaper

Post by Jon »

In ancient days "c" was used for the User3 field. It was kept for backwards compatibility until a few years ago, when it was removed. I neglected to update this filter, which I'll do for the next update.

Jon
Sonny Software
DarrenIngram

Re: APA6th, newspaper

Post by DarrenIngram »

OK thanks. Glad the "problem" isn't of my making and that it is easily resolved.

Darren