iCloud Sync keeps asking for confirmation

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
Christoph

iCloud Sync keeps asking for confirmation

Post by Christoph »

I am a long-time user of Bookends and love it for its virtues and the support for being as phenomenal as everyone keeps saying it is - but being asked every few weeks to confirm that yes, I would like to keep using iCloud sync, being forced to enter username, enter password, wait for the confirmation to arrive on the iPhone (which I do not always have with me, believe it or not), confirm, wait for the six digit code, type it in etc etc - it is driving me absolutely nuts.

If Jon is saying that really Apple is at fault I do believe this to be the case, on the other hand Bookends is the only program that keeps asking me to go through this elaborate procedure at this frequency. Once every three months, okay (maybe!), but not this often. And keep in mind, it gets repeated at all the computers that I keep in sync - maybe this is how I arrive at the estimated frequency.
It is one of the very few negative things I can possibly say about Bookends and I will keep using it but I have to admit that it begins to take away some of the enjoyment using Bookends has always had. If "it just works" is still about how using a Mac is supposed to feel I am alarmed that the dreaded confirmation procedure is creating some friction that just should not be there.

Christoph
Jon
Site Admin

Re: iCloud Sync keeps asking for confirmation

Post by Jon »

It is Apple asking for that, not us. There were bugs in iCloud (Apple's bugs, not ours) that caused this to happen very frequently. They've fixed those, though. We also made some changes a while ago that decreased the frequency with which they ask (I believer it's supposed to be every 30 days now, but again, that's not up to us). If you're not using the current version of Bookends, please download it.

Jon
Sonny Software
Scott

Post by Scott »

I have to sign in after quitting each time, despite the latest versions of Bookends and MacOS. There must be a setting I'm missing...Thanks for any suggestions.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Please see this item in our FAQ

https://www.sonnysoftware.com/faq/faq.h ... sked_to_re

Jon
Sonny Software
Scott

Post by Scott »

Thanks - that worked!