Order of Notecards in the notestream

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
Dellu

Order of Notecards in the notestream

Post by Dellu »

Comments always appear on top.

Shouldn't their order in the note stream follow their position in the PDF?

I highlighted a text (which goes to be a notecard) and made comments on it. The comment jumped to the top of note stream. This is not good because it breaks away from its source.
Dellu

Re: Order of Notecards in the notestream

Post by Dellu »

And, also, there is a keyword conflict for making quoted annotations and inserting new references (Quick add): CMD+CTL+N in both cases. It is not a big issue; but, could be fixed. I suggest SHIT+CMD+N for the Quick Add (that I did in my preference).
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Order of Notecards in the notestream

Post by Jon »

HIghlighted text is displayed in the order they appear in the PDF. Notecards, on the other hand, contain text that is stored in the database itself -- they do not have any links to the PDF. If you want comments that retain their links to the PDF, highlight some text and then click on the highlight in the PDF to add your comments. They will still appear in the note stream separate from the highlighted text, but clicking on them in the note stream will take you to the highlight (and the highlight will have a red border so that you know it has associated comments).

Thanks for reporting the conflict, I'll fix it. But Shift-Command-N is reserved for New Library. I'll change the shortcut for making notes to Control-Shift-Command-N.

Jon
Sonny Software