Problems importing into Bookends from the PNAS website

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
Philologist

Problems importing into Bookends from the PNAS website

Post by Philologist »

Hello,
here is an important article on the PNAS website (= Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America.) If you click on the Citation Tools button (in the upper right corner) you can download the title in various citation manager formats, including Bookends.
However, when I then try to import from file into Bookends after I've downloaded the file from the website, nothing is imported. I have also tried the EndNote and RIS format to no avail. I wonder what I'm doing wrong, or whether the download formats on this webpage are somehow incorrect, in which case Bookends should then perhaps contact the webpage and provide a correct format for download.
Here's the URL:
http://www.pnas.org/content/113/6/1504

Thanks.
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Problems importing into Bookends from the PNAS website

Post by Jon »

I downloaded that file as a "Bookends" import file. it has an .ris extension. I then imported it into Bookends using the RIS filter (I did a drag and drop). It imported correctly.

Please make sure you downloaded the right file.

Jon
Sonny Software
Philologist

Post by Philologist »

Jon wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:12 am I downloaded that file as a "Bookends" import file. it has an .ris extension. I then imported it into Bookends using the RIS filter (I did a drag and drop).
Yes, I did that too. I know I'm doing something wrong. How can I activate the RIS filter? I only see this when I try drag and drop:
Screen Shot 2018-06-27 at 14.48.45.png
Screen Shot 2018-06-27 at 14.48.45.png (65.45 KiB) Viewed 3084 times
Philologist

Post by Philologist »

Ok, Ok, I just figured it out.

Sorry for the false alarm.

Bookends rocks!