Trouble Importing References from Sente 6

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
tf8686

Trouble Importing References from Sente 6

Post by tf8686 »

I have about 18,000 references to import from Sente 6 into Bookends. Unfortunately, I am having an issue when I try to import more than 2 references at a time -- Booksends tells me "Sente 6 Got an Error: AppleEvent timed out." Is there a way to fix this issue?

Thanks.
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Trouble Importing References from Sente 6

Post by Jon »

That's because Sente isn't responding (perhaps due to the large number of references). This web page has instructions for how to import references from other reference managers. Look for Sente, and follow the second (file-based) method for transferring references, under the heading "2. Import a file exported from Sente".

https://www.sonnysoftware.com/bookends/ ... mport.html

Jon
Sonny Software
tf8686

Post by tf8686 »

Hi Jon -- thank you. I tried that first -- however, all of those files have PDF attachments and do not migrate over automatically. In other words, it is not possible to do a large batch transfer without manually editing each reference?
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

PDF (names) should be imported. You just have to tell Bookends where to look for them (wherever Sente stashed them) or move them to the Bookends default attachment folder. From the instructions:

Note: If your attached PDFs are not found in Bookends, you must tell Bookends where they are. Either move the PDFs from where Sente stored them to the Bookends default attachment folder, or in preferences set the default attachment folder location to the folder where they are currently stored.

If Bookends isn't finding the attachments after following the instructions above, please contact tech support directly.

Jon
Sonny Software