Floating citations

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
rickwillis

Floating citations

Post by rickwillis »

I've been playing with Floating Citations, and it is great! Thanks so much for adding this. I had a couple of suggestions.

1) I send people PDFs by email all the time, and this will make it much easier to find them. It would be great if there was a menu command to copy the PDF file so that I can paste it into an email as an attachment.

2) Maybe it is just me, but I thought it was confusing that the pop-up menu and the right click menu have different options in them.

Rick
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Floating citations

Post by Jon »

Thanks. In the next update you'll be able to drag and drop the PDF thumbnail into another application's document (e.g. an email you're composing).

The pop-up menu was intended to handle citation features (like the same button in the library window). Of course I could put the hierarchical menu options there, too, if that's not confusing. What do people think about that?

Jon
Sonny Software
Dellu

Post by Dellu »

Jon wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:55 am What do people think about that?

Jon
Sonny Software
I like it as it is now.
Cassady

Post by Cassady »

Jon wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:55 am Thanks. In the next update you'll be able to drag and drop the PDF thumbnail into another application's document (e.g. an email you're composing).

The pop-up menu was intended to handle citation features (like the same button in the library window). Of course I could put the hierarchical menu options there, too, if that's not confusing. What do people think about that?

Jon
Sonny Software
That would be fantastic, for me.

I don’t annotate inside BE, but only because I installed BE long after I had established a workflow that worked for me using DTPO — and given how long I had been in the other, I didn’t switch things over to BE.

However, I still keep a duplicate of every PDF I download, inside BE. It serves as my ‘clean’ library, free of all annotations, and consequently, where I share from.

This would therefore work a treat for me, and a feature I would use frequently.
kseggleton

Post by kseggleton »

One request that I have for floating citations is to enable it to work in full screen apps. Currently when an app is in full screen the floating citations dialog box will open overlaying Bookends. Otherwise this is a great feature. Thanks Jon.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Floating citations will work with full screen apps in the next update.

Jon
Sonny Software