Highlighted PDF notes not syncing between devices after v13.1.2.

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
jws0251

Highlighted PDF notes not syncing between devices after v13.1.2.

Post by jws0251 »

Since the most recent update on the Mac version 13.1.2, my highlighted notes are no longer syncing between all my devices which include the MacBook, iPhone, and iPad. I've copied and pasted my folder locations below to possibly determine whether this is a system error or user error. Any helpful advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Screenshot for Bookends copy.jpg
Screenshot for Bookends copy.jpg (106.47 KiB) Viewed 2846 times
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Highlighted PDF notes not syncing between devices after v13.1.2.

Post by Jon »

Do they sync Mac-to-Mac? If not, are both computers set to use the same iCloud Drive folder location?

Jon
Sonny Software
jws0251

Post by jws0251 »

I only have one Mac so I'm not able to answer your question. Before the update, the PDF highlights would appear in all my Apple devices: one MacBook, one iPhone X, and one iPad Pro. I realize that my issue could fall under both forums: Bookends and Bookends iOS.

Pre update, I would highlight some text and then I would be able to see the highlighted text when I open up the PDF from the iCloud Bookends folder where all my PDFs are stored.

Post update, I can see the highlighted text
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

The PDF sync is handled by macOS, not Bookends. It sounds like the PDF in question isn't syncing. Please write to tech support (support@sonnysoftware.com) and we'll try to figure out what's up.

Jon
Sonny Software
jws0251

Post by jws0251 »

It's now working...I did contact them a few days ago and either I got incredibly lucky that it just started working or it was user error. Either way, I can see the highlighted text now across all my devices.

Thanks again for the very speedy reply. :D
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Glad to hear it. Note that PDF sync occurs when the OS decides to do it (it's not under our control). So it may take longer than you expect for the file to sync. But unless there's an iCloud Drive outage it will.

Jon
Sonny Software