Preferred word processor and Floating Citations

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
enrico.scarpella

Preferred word processor and Floating Citations

Post by enrico.scarpella »

Dear all,

I am evaluating the demo version of Bookends, so first of all thank you very much, Sonny Software, for generously providing a demo version that is fully functional (though for 50 references) and that does not expire; in this way, I can test it compatibly with my schedule.

I was wondering whether someone could be so kind to clarify the function of selecting the word processor in Bookends Preferences: in there I selected Scrivener, but I wrote a sample text in MultiMarkdown Composer, inserted references using Floating Citations — amazing feature, by the way — exported the md file to rtf format with Marked 2, and produced a perfect bibliography by scanning the rtf file with Bookends Scan Document function. Am I missing something? Or does Floating Citation make superfluous the selection of the preferred word processor in Bookends Preferences?

Thank you all very much for your consideration, and thank you very much again, Sonny Software, for providing a demo version of your product.

Sincerely,
Enrico
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Preferred word processor and Floating Citations

Post by Jon »

Yes, if you use floating citations it makes the meaning of your preferred word processor much less important. For some things it still matters (for example, if you use Copy Citation while in Bookends itself), but not in the work flow you describe.

Jon
Sonny Software
enrico.scarpella

Re: Preferred word processor and Floating Citations

Post by enrico.scarpella »

Thank you very much for the prompt and helpful clarification, Jon.

Best regards,
Enrico