Adding of a new reference type doesn't work

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
yinglam

Adding of a new reference type doesn't work

Post by yinglam »

Hi,

I tried to add a new reference type which I call "Book-No-Numbers" in both the "Turabian" and "Turabian Footnotes". I copied the content from my previous reference type (Book) and deleted the last comma at the end. Then I went to the Preferences Pane and then edited the entry (Unused 18) there to be "Book-No-Numbers".

The real-time "Example Bibliography" shown at the bottom of "Format Manger" is correct. But when I "synthesise" them from Mellel by "scanning documents" and then choose "Turabian.fmt", the synthesised footnotes always keep showing the format of "Journal".

Please help me. What steps have I done wrong? Thanks so much.
yinglam

Re: Adding of a new reference type doesn't work

Post by yinglam »

I am using Bookends 12.8.4 and Mellel 3.5.6b1
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

I don't know exactly what you're doing -- you should contact tech support with screen snaps showing what you have done, not post on the forum. But I can tell you that Turabian Footnotes is obsolete and should be deleted, not used. You should be working only with Turabian.fmt.

Jon
Sonny Software
yinglam

Post by yinglam »

Thanks so much for the quick and useful reply. I think I now know my problem. Thanks a lot.