Unset font and font size but not italics?

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
alanterra

Unset font and font size but not italics?

Post by alanterra »

Hi

I might be an edge user, but I want to clear font and font size, but not the other styles (italic, bold, superscript, subscript, etc.)

I have put all scientific names in my database in italics, but somehow font + font size also crept into these fields. I have already gone through my database and removed the font information for all references (so that the setting in the preferences sets the font for bibliographies). But now I think I have two options

* Reset the font style for all my references, and then go back through and italicize all the scientific names
* Not be able to control the font size of my bibliographies through the preferences, and set that by hand, in a word processor, after generating the bibliography.

Perhaps I am missing something. Is there another option?

Thanks

And, for what it is worth, this idea of "move text keeping some styles and not others" is a ubiquitous problem for Macintosh, not just here.
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Unset font and font size but not italics?

Post by Jon »

Yes, there is no option to simply clear font size. The easiest solution in the long run is to do as you say - select the entire bib after generation in the wp and set the font size to whatever you want.

Jon
Sonny Software