Bookends not working in Scrivener

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
Hogenson

Bookends not working in Scrivener

Post by Hogenson »

I typically use Scrivener for drafting papers, but recently I have been unable to get Bookends to insert reference codes. Everything works fine in Word, but Scrivener just sits there with no references. I have switched out to word and back to Scrivener, but still no success. Any thoughts?
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Bookends not working in Scrivener

Post by Jon »

Did you set Scrivener as your word processor in preferences?

Have you tried Floating Citations with Scrivener?

Jon
Sonny Software
Hogenson

Post by Hogenson »

I did select Scrivener in preferences, but it didn't work. Went back and forth between Scrivener and word a couple of times, and still no result. I am afraid I am not sure what floating citations are. Is there a description in the system somewhere. Sorry about the ignorance, but it is a new concept for me
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Floating Citations were introduced in 13.1.2. Read about it in the update history, and the user guide, of course.

https://www.sonnysoftware.com/updates/u ... story.html

Jon
Sonny Software

P.S. Copy Citation between Bookends 13.1.3 and Scrivener 3 work for me, FWIW. If you're running Mojave, you have to allow Bookends to send Scrivener AppleEvents or it won't work.
Hogenson

Post by Hogenson »

I now realize that I did try the floating citation when it came out, but I can't remember the sequence of keys I used to activate it. How can I reset it? Also, I have just installed Mojave, but I am not familiar with the Apple function you mention.

Thanks also for staying with me on this.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

You set the trigger key in preferences, Scan & Bib tab.

Mojave prompts you the first time an AppleEvent is used, you have to approve it. Please google and read up on this feature.

Jon
Sonny Software