Mellel and Bookends - changing styles

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
mathefff

Mellel and Bookends - changing styles

Post by mathefff »

Hello there,

I have an article in Mellel which cannot be unscanned. The references and bibliography are there.
However, I need to change the style of the citations and bibliography.

Is there any way to do that without unscanning? I know I can build the new bibliography in Bookends and put it into a file then transfer it to replace. But the citations stay. Mellel cannot even change the brackets of the citations as they are not considered individual characters.

---
As a side note:
I have made a new style in Bookends and I cannot get the italicised journal name to work Should making the "j" italicised in the format manager work?

Thank you for any help you can provide,
M.
mathefff

Re: Mellel and Bookends - changing styles

Post by mathefff »

Okay, I was able to unscan the document and scan again with the new style. I have done it via the menu: EDIT > BIBLIOGRAPHY > UNSCAN DOCUMENT in Mellel. Strangely, the icons for unscanning/scanning in their inspector were (and still are!) greyed out. Must surely be Mellel's problem.

---

I still did not find the way to italicise the journal name in the Format Manager though...
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

With regard to the styled text, please see this FAQ

https://www.sonnysoftware.com/faq/faq.h ... ie_italics_

Jon
Sonny Software
mathefff

Post by mathefff »

Hello Jon,

I indeed had it set to plain text. I have changed that now to Styled Text but with no luck.

I wanted to attach a screenshot but I get a message that the file is too large (618 KB, png).

I have "j" in the Field Order in the format manager, the preview at the bottom does not show the journal name in italics. The generated bibliography in Bibliography Window does not show it either.

Cheers,
Mateusz
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Please send your screen snaps and your library to tech support, support@sonnysoftware.com.

Jon
Sonny Software
mathefff

Post by mathefff »

With the help of Jon, we have discovered that I was using a font which did not have italicised version. Hence, it was not showing it in the italicised version.

Cheers Jon!
M.
mathefff

Post by mathefff »

Another update on the first issue in Mellel with Bookends:

Apparently, the icons are greyed out when you have the "Live Bibliography" turned on. One needs to switch it off, unscan and turn it back on. Why is it possible via the EDIT menu (with the Live Bibliography turned on) but not via the icons is something I do not want to wonder about anymore.