Sorting of bibliography question

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
nh220

Sorting of bibliography question

Post by nh220 »

This might be better put in the format section of the forum, so apologies if wrong. I am finishing a paper using a slightly modified version of Chicago 17th (note). What I cannot figure out is why, in the bibliography, one reference without an author is always put on top. My references include sources with author name and several sources without an author, which, I believe, should be listed by title. All such sources are listed in the right place except for one, which is always put at the top of the bibliography. The reference is:

“President Juncker Launches the EU Emergency Trust Fund to Tackle Root Causes of Irregular Migration in Africa.” European Commission Press Release Database. Last updated November 12, 2015. http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_IP-15-6055_en.htm.

The format specifies Author, Title as the bibliography sort order, with no ignore list. All other anonymous references are in the right place in the bibliography. Am I missing some other setting somewhere that might explain this source's persistence?
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Sorting of bibliography question

Post by Jon »

Are you sure the author/editor fields are actually empty (e.g. no spaces or returns)?

Jon
Sonny Software
nh220

Post by nh220 »

I double-checked and they appears not to be the case. However, I created a new reference with the same information and it sorts appropriately, so there must have bene something like that. Now I feel like a doofus. Thank you for your help.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

You might Rebuild your library, in case internally there was some issue with that reference.

Jon
Sonny Software