Separating multiple sources by semi-colon without the period at the end

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
boldvigil

Separating multiple sources by semi-colon without the period at the end

Post by boldvigil »

Jon,
I must be missing something. I changed my format as suggested but still get periods at the end of the citations. No periods at the end

Book— a, t, u15, $vol. $v, (u12), $ed. $e, $translated by $u9. (l: u, d)
Subsequent— a, s

{Fenn, 2014, #56708@34; Ferling, 1988, #50967@45; Ferling, 2007, #7116@56}

Produces this when scanned in Microsoft Word

Elizabeth A. Fenn, Encounters at the Heart of the World: A history of Mandan people, (New York: Hill and Wang, 2014), 34.; John E. Ferling, The World Turned Upside Down: The American Victory in the War of Independence, (New York: Gre, 1988), 45.; John E. Ferling, Almost a miracle: The American victory in the War of Independence, (Oxford; New York: Oxford University Press, 2007), 56.

Still puts period after cited page number. Can it be fixed or formatted?

////////////////////////////////////////
Previous posts under different thread.

Not sure if this needs a new thread or not. When citing multiple sources in a single footnote, Chicago 17 requires they be separated by a semi colon without a period at the end of each individual citation. Is there a way to remove the period after the page number in formatting?

Formatted by Bookends-
Heitman, Register, 154.; Calhoun, Pension List on January 19, 1820, 604.; “Revolutionary War Patriots Buried in Ohio,” 151.; Revolutionary War Patriots Buried in Ohio, 76.

Desired

Heitman, Register, 154; Calhoun, Pension List on January 19, 1820, 604; “Revolutionary War Patriots Buried in Ohio,” 151; Revolutionary War Patriots Buried in Ohio, 76.

Thanks.

Yes, it should definitely be a new thread, no one will find it here based on the subject heading.

Short answer: remove the period at the end of the order field, e.g.

a, “t,” f v$, no. $i` `(d).

should be

a, “t,” f v$, no. $i` `(d)

In situations where you want the period output (e.g. one footnote), place it after the temp citation yourself:

{temp cite}.

Jon