Bookends for the web!

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
kourosh

Bookends for the web!

Post by kourosh »

Hi Jon,

For my new job, I am forced to use Windows machine. It was not an easy transition, but after fighting with it and banging my head toward the wall for couple of weeks I finally decide to accept and make peace with it.

Not having Bookends on my Windows machine is one of the main things that ache my heart.
I was wondering if you have any plans to develop some wort of web application for Bookends. I don't know if anyone else is in same boat as me and if this worth your time. I just wanted to put the idea out. I think it would be great companion to Bookends on Mac.
Thanks
Kourosh
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Bookends for the web!

Post by Jon »

We have one. The feature is called Bookends Server, and it's built into Bookends. It requires a bit of setup on your end, but it's pretty simple. The User Guide has extensive documentation about how to use it, and there's a folder called "Serve libraries in 5 minutes (or less)" in your Bookends folder (in Application Support) that has you up and running at a basic level very quickly.

Jon
Sonny Software
kourosh

Re: Bookends for the web!

Post by kourosh »

Thank you Jon for a quick response.

That's great. I did not know that. I will dig it up.
Thanks
Kourosh