Storing attachments of different library in different location on hard drive

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
kourosh

Storing attachments of different library in different location on hard drive

Post by kourosh »

Jon,

I was wondering if there is any way to store attachments of different library in different location on hard drive?
Thanks
Kourosh
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Storing attachments of different library in different location on hard drive

Post by Jon »

You can have a library store attachments in a particular *subfolder* of the default folder (File -> Set Default Attachment Subfolder), but you can't tell it to move a file to a folder outside of the default attachment folder. You can tell Bookends to leave an attachment where it is (not move it) if you want.

Jon
Sonny Software
kourosh

Re: Storing attachments of different library in different location on hard drive

Post by kourosh »

I see. Thank you for your prompt response as always.

Is there anyway to relocate attachments of the references in the current library to different subfolder automatically?
Thanks
Kourosh
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Off the top of my head, I don't think there's a single command that will do what you want.You could File -> Export Attachments to a folder, then move that folder into the default attachment folder (as a subfolder). But then you'd have to remove the original files from the default attachment folder (or you'd have duplicates).

Jon
Sonny Software
kourosh

Post by kourosh »

Ok, thank you.
Thanks
Kourosh