References in footnotes

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
williamlynn

References in footnotes

Post by williamlynn »

Hello,

I have a document with intext citations. I want to format these in the Oxford Standard for Citation of Legal Authorities (OSCLA) style. Bookends lacks legal format styles so I created a custom OSCLA style. Previews of the references look great.

The problem is that OSCLA wants its references put in footnotes at the bottom of each page. I don't know how to do this, and not finding what I need in the manual or on the forum.

Might someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks ahead of time.

Cheers, Bill
Jon
Site Admin

Re: References in footnotes

Post by Jon »

You have to put the temporary citation in the footnote yourself. When Bookends scans, it will replace it, in the footnote, with the final citation.

Jon
Sonny Software
williamlynn

Post by williamlynn »

I was afraid of that.

Thank you!
williamlynn

Post by williamlynn »

I apologize, but I am still missing something. Probably obvious. :(

I've transferred all the intext citations to footnotes. I scan the document and the footnoted citations do not turn into the full references but author-date citations. Instead of full references being in the footnotes, a bibliography is appended to the end of the document.

Is there a way for me run the scan and get the full references into the footnotes?

Thanks again ahead of time for help on this matter.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

What goes in the footnotes (or in the body of the text, for that matter) depends on the format you are using to scan. You're apparently using one that generates author-date citations. You need to select one that generates custom formats.

Jon
Sonny Software
williamlynn

Post by williamlynn »

Jon. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. :D