Cmd-Y not working after upgrading to Mojave

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
yinglam

Cmd-Y not working after upgrading to Mojave

Post by yinglam »

Hi,

I have already looked through the few threads with similar problem. I am using Mojave Mac 10.14, Mellel 4.1.3b1, and Bookend 12.8.4. Before upgrading to Mojave, my cmd-Y switchings between Mellel and Bookends work very well.

I checked my setting in Privacy/Automation and allowed Mellel and Bookends to control each other.
I checked my setting in Privacy/Accessibility and allowed Bookends to control my computer.

I can use cmd-Y to switch from Mellel to Bookends. But not from Bookends to Mellel. After I pressed cmd-Y or cmd-K, nothing happens except a blinking of the "Edit" up on the menu.

What else could I do? Please help. Thanks a lot.
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Cmd-Y not working after upgrading to Mojave

Post by Jon »

It's no doubt due to the new security setting in Mojave. I found that go to System Preferences -> Accessibility -> Privacy and unchecking and then rechecking "let Bookends control your computer" worked in some situations. If that doesn't, I don't have any other ideas. Perhaps someone else will (or your IT people will, if you have such support).

Jon
Sonny Software
yinglam

Post by yinglam »

Thanks for the reply. So this is nothing related to the version of Bookends, right? Will it help if I upgrade to Bookends 13, I mean.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

This has nothing to do with Bookends. You can try the Bookends 13 in demo mode, but I doubt it will behave any differently.

Jon
Sonny Software
yinglam

Post by yinglam »

After downloading the Bookends 13 and run it (without replacing my Bookends 12.8.4), it went from bad to worse. I bumped into this:

An error has occurred: nil object
Click the E-Mail button to send your comments and the error details to Sonny Software. Click Cancel to dismiss this dialog.

And then I cannot re-open any databases, nor open a new one. Nor can I rebuild one. I removed Bookends 13 and then removed Bookends 12.8.4, and then re-install 12.8.5. But the problem persists.

What should I do now?
yinglam

Post by yinglam »

Perhaps I should ask Jon through email
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Yes, support@sonnysoftware.com

Jon
Sonny Software
yinglam

Post by yinglam »

Finally, I solved the problem....no, not really. I downgraded to High Sierra, and everything works now.

As a summary, my experience of Bookends in Mojave lasts for around 3 days.

First problem: Cannot switch back to Mellel. Citations have to be manually dragged to Mellel.

Second problem: after installing Bookends 13 as a demo, suddenly everything collapse. I can't even open any Bookends libraries

Rescue: Downgrading to High Sierra is a lot more complicated than I thought. Anyway, after 12 hours of work and a lot of prayer, I am back.

Reflection: I see other people experience a little problems with Bookends in Mojave. But nothing as serious as I face....I also faced other automation and security problems in Mojave, but I managed to solve them. But not Bookends. I don't understand.

Thanks God, thanks Jon, thanks everyone.