Live Bibliography and "Scan a Document" dialogue

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
danzac

Live Bibliography and "Scan a Document" dialogue

Post by danzac »

Every time I use the command-Y or floating palette to insert a footnote into Mellel, the Scan a document dialogue comes up. Is there a way to remove this extra step after the first time?

Additionally, I want to request something to the pasting citation workflow – the ability to have the Mellel dialogue come up immediately in order to insert the page number. Is this something Bookends could trigger?
~I swore to myself that if I ever got to walk around the room as manager people would laugh as they saw me coming and applaud as I walked away~
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Live Bibliography and "Scan a Document" dialogue

Post by Jon »

You're using Command-Y in Bookends or Mellel? If in Bookends, it should just switch to Mellel insert the citation, it doesn't invoke a scan.

As for inserting the page number with the citation, that's what Edit -> Copy Citation With Modifiers is for (and the equivalent in floating citations).

Jon
Sonny Software
danzac

Post by danzac »

Ah, great thanks. I missed the copy citations with modifiers.

But both command-Y and control-command-Y are both bringing up the Scan a Document dialogue, even from the floating palette.
~I swore to myself that if I ever got to walk around the room as manager people would laugh as they saw me coming and applaud as I walked away~
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

I can't reproduce that, with or without Live Bibliography turned on. What happens if you click the Copy Citation button instead?

Jon
Sonny Software
danzac

Post by danzac »

Same thing happens. If I delete a formatted citation in Mellel (just using the delete key) it also pops up the dialogue box.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

I think you'll have to ask Mellel tech support for help. It's sounds like the problem might be there.

Jon
Sonny Software
danzac

Post by danzac »

I just did a restart and turned live bibliography off and on. That seems to have been the issue.