v13.1.5 - focus error after reference edit

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
mwra

v13.1.5 - focus error after reference edit

Post by mwra »

BE v13.1.5, OS 10.14.1

Thanks for v13.1.5, though I think it broke something. I generally use BE with the right pane open and the data edit fields on display. Since I upgraded (yesterday?). After editing a field, when I click on a different field instead of focus moving it to the clicked filed, the focus shifts to the main item listing (i.e. out of the right pane). That happens a lot, but not always. I *think* the difference is that after a field has been edited (rather than simply taken focus) when edit passes out it is sent to the main window listing and no to the click target. If no edit occurs and focus shifts then the app behaves as previously.

I can only assume something in the latest build broke the UI focus handling. Not being a touch typist, I'm not looking at the screen as I type and the app mis-handling my click selections leads to all sorts of editing confusion. Thank heavens for undo!
Jon
Site Admin

Re: v13.1.5 - focus error after reference edit

Post by Jon »

I can't reproduce any problem like this. Please give me reproducible steps that I can take to see it. Thanks.

Jon
Sonny Software
martinjp

Post by martinjp »

I am also seeing this behavior. I click in a field in the Edit Reference window, edit, then click on another field only to discover that the focus has shifted and the reference is highlighted in the main library window. I have not noticed this with versions of Bookends earlier than 13.1.5.

I am running High Sierra (10.13.3)

Nitram
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

It was a regression in the initial 13.1.5 release. Please download 13.1.5 again, it has been fixed.

Jon
Sonny Software