Cite while you write on iOS

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
mk7

Cite while you write on iOS

Post by mk7 »

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone wants to take a shot at replicating this iOS shortcut, found here. The shortcut uses Zotero's web API to look up references in a library and return a pandoc style citation to use while writing on iOS. The beauty of it is that it allows a decent cite while you write function on iOS (basically the best equivalent of the floating citations window)--it's actually the only decent solution I've seen out there. I know Bookends has a web server that allows you to search the library, but I'm not quite adept enough to figure out how to make that into a shorcut (yes, i have looked at the user guide). Anybody in need of something similar and want have a crack at it?
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Cite while you write on iOS

Post by Jon »

Hi, you know that Bookends for iOS already has the ability to create citations for you, but temporary ones and final (finished) citations, that can be pasted into your word processor?

Jon
Sonny Software
mk7

Post by mk7 »

Yes, I guess the utility of this is that I would be able to stay in the same app. In other words, the way I’ve been using that shortcut is to simply invoke it straight from wherever I’m writing without having to open a new app, go searching for the reference, copy it, and go back. Admittedly, that’s not the end of the world, but the shortcut still is pretty useful.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

If you use split screen on the iPad it works pretty well. I'll see if Serge has any thoughts about this.

Jon
Sonny Software