Search no longer opening in a tab

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
dtoub

Search no longer opening in a tab

Post by dtoub »

I have Mojave's prefs set to open things in tabs automatically, and that is how it worked with Bookends until now, at least on my end If I did a search, it was in a tab separate from the bibliography window, but now it always opens in a separate window (I'm running 13.1.5). Is this a new default behavior, and if so, any way to change this back to opening windows as tabs? Thanks.
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Search no longer opening in a tab

Post by Jon »

I'm surprised you say it ever worked like that -- macOS window tabs are for separate windows (libraries in this case), not different views of the same window.

Actually, a simple search should never open a new window and, therefore, a new tab. If you see a new window pop up after a search, please tell me (1) exactly how you search (there are many ways in Bookends), and (2) post a pict of the window that pops up.

Jon
Sonny Software
dtoub

Post by dtoub »

Interesting. All I do is click the tool button for Online Search in the main library window and now I get a separate window for the search and search results. Not a big deal, but was curious if the window behavior had changed (I had searches display in a separate tab previously as mentioned). Thanks.
Screen Shot 2018-12-02 at 9.21.35 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-12-02 at 9.21.35 PM.png (224.58 KiB) Viewed 2591 times
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Yes, the behavior had changed, the tabs now only work for the same kind of window (e.g. opening another library). This wasn't intentional, it may be due to changes in either the OS or in the IDE framework of Bookends.

Jon
Sonny Software