Notetaking

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
spaad

Notetaking

Post by spaad »

I'd love a few improvements to the notes section of Bookends so that I can remove Evernote (and a bit of duplication) from my research workflow.

The main thing this would need is the ability to have a 'pop out' window for the 'Notes' tab. At the moment, the note taking area is a little small and disappears every time want to do something else within bookends (e.g. add another reference to my library as it comes up in my reading).

A couple of basic formatting buttons wouldn't go astray, including highlighting. Though I understand I can use keyboard shortcuts already to do bold, italics, etc.

Also, I'd like to know if notes that I take are saved or synced in real-time. I'd hate to think that I'd been reading for a couple of hours and my computer crashed and the notes I'd taken didn't save because I didn't move the cursor out of the textbox or something.

PS. Recently submitted a PhD Thesis using Bookends and it has been a dream to use.
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Notetaking

Post by Jon »

Please contact tech support directly with screen snaps that illustrate what you're after.

As for saving -- Bookends saves any edits when you leave the field being edited (e.g. clicking outside it, tabbing, quitting, etc.). So don't worry about losing text you've entered.

Jon
Sonny Software