Export to Endnote

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
jzents

Export to Endnote

Post by jzents »

I need to export to Endnote for a project that involves windows. I did the Export (hits) and told it to do the attachments. But the folder where I told it to send the files shows nothing but zero byte files. I have tried pointing Endnote to the XML file, but that did not work (it also showed zero bytes), nothing imported. Can I get some guidance as to what I am doing wrong when I try to export? Thank you!
Jeff Zents
South Texas College
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Export to Endnote

Post by Jon »

Please contact tech support and send the EndNote XML file that was exported from Bookends.

Jon
Sonny Software
jzents

Post by jzents »

I will do so.
Jeff Zents
South Texas College
jzents

Post by jzents »

Here is the XML file. It will not let me attach the file. I tried the drag and drop method. It gave me an error. I will attach a screenshot of the error.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-02-23 at 18.40.49.tiff.zip
(13.8 KiB) Downloaded 193 times
Jeff Zents
South Texas College
jzents

Post by jzents »

I solved this right before I was told by my better half that it was time for bed. I exported to the Bookends folder within the Library. That went well, then dragged the export folder to Documents and was fine from there. As I closed everything down at the end, I found a Bitdefender screen at the back of all my screens that stated that Bookends had tried to modify my protected files. I suspect that that was the root of the problem. Sorry to not have posted this sooner but have been at church and then a performance my daughter was involved in until just a few minutes ago.
Jeff Zents
South Texas College
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Thanks for the followup.

Jon
Sonny Software