Adjusting page numbers

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
nickharambee

Adjusting page numbers

Post by nickharambee »

Hi,

I am wondering if there is a way of adjusting page numbers in Bookends, such that the page numbers in the note that is generated when using CTRL CMD M (i.e. Highlight Selection and Make Bookends Notecard) corresponds to the actual pages in the book? In a PDF I am working on at the moment there are 25 pages in the PDF before I get Page 1 of the book, hence the issue.

Thanks,

Nick
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Adjusting page numbers

Post by Jon »

The page number in the notecard is indicated with the @ symbol (e.g. @5). You can edit the notecard to change it if you like. I'd download 13.2 again if you're going to do this -- there was bug in editing of notecards that was fixed in a silent update after the initial release.

Jon
Sonny Software
nickharambee

Post by nickharambee »

Thanks Jon. I was wondering if there was a way of automating this adjustment, i.e. specifying a number to offset by somewhere, as I'd rather not manually adjust the page numbers for every note!
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

No. Bookends does it's best to figure our if the page number makes sense. And if not it will use the page number entered in the reference metadata (see the User Guide). There is no configurable option.

Jon
Sonny Software
nickharambee

Post by nickharambee »

OK, thanks. I think you mean that there is no configurable option!
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Yes, thanks, fixed.

Jon
Sonny Software