The brilliance of Podcast addict

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
Dellu

The brilliance of Podcast addict

Post by Dellu »

I was impressed how the developer of podcast addict designed the application to use the same "setting" for the app as a whole (universal setting) as well as for each of the libraries.
1) We have universal setting that applies across all the libraries
2) any part of the universal library can be overriden by the library specific settings.
It is very similar how the settings are implemented in Sublime Test as well.

When I see the setting in Podcast addict, I cannot help but think of Bookends. I am very happy with the 99% of the functions of Bookends. But, I always hope that I can have library specific Cite-Key formats and/or Labels.

Think of the whole universal setting being replicated to individual libraries (over riding the universal setting).
ReneeDegutis

Topic

Post by ReneeDegutis »

Dellu wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:57 pm Re: The brilliance of Podcast addict
theessayservice
I was impressed how the developer of podcast addict designed the application to use the same "setting" for the app as a whole (universal setting) as well as for each of the libraries.
1) We have universal setting that applies across all the libraries
2) any part of the universal library can be overriden by the library specific settings.
It is very similar how the settings are implemented in Sublime Test as well.

When I see the setting in Podcast addict, I cannot help but think of Bookends. I am very happy with the 99% of the functions of Bookends. But, I always hope that I can have library specific Cite-Key formats and/or Labels.

Think of the whole universal setting being replicated to individual libraries (over riding the universal setting).

It would be great, if there were separate Feature Requests sub forums or something. I guess it could be a great feature indeed for Bookends. I've a couple of ideas too, but I'm just a newbie and I'm not sure if these are valid options which actually can be applied in Bookends.
Dellu

Re: Topic

Post by Dellu »

ReneeDegutis wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:53 am
It would be great, if there were separate Feature Requests sub forums or something. I guess it could be a great feature indeed for Bookends. I've a couple of ideas too, but I'm just a newbie and I'm not sure if these are valid options which actually can be applied in Bookends.
For the library specific Keys, I have requested before. Jon said the whole BE system needs rethinking to implement the feature. IN this post, I was suggesting if there is a possibility to replicating the universal settings to the individual libraries (with some out of the box thinking, as the developer of Podcast addict did.)

Dear ReneeDegutis, I myself know little about software development. I am just dropping the ideas here because I feel liberated thanks for the supportiveness of the community (& most importantly Jon). This is a civil forum. There is no punishment for putting bad ideas out. I encourage you to feel free.