Finding PDF attachments

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
ZC1ifi

Finding PDF attachments

Post by ZC1ifi »

I have recently had to move all my pdfs attached to Bookends references to a new disk and now not a single reference can be found. I remember that somewhere in its setup Bookends allows one to state a top folder/directory (I am on a Mac) under which these pdfs might be found (I do NOT let Bookends manage the location of attached files for me). Can anyone help me here?

PS. I have not changed anything to the paths of where the attachments are kept, except for the disk on which they are kept.
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Finding PDF attachments

Post by Jon »

In Preferences, first tab, tell Bookends where the default attachment folder is.

Jon
Sonny Software
ZC1ifi

Post by ZC1ifi »

Thanks Jon. I saw this but every time I look at it 9which isn't often), I think this refers to the folder in which Bookends itself gathers all attachments.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

It is, but you don't have to let Bookends move them there (the attach dialog has that as an option, which you can disable). But it's also the first place that Bookends looks for attachments. It doesn't matter how they got there. Right now Bookends doesn't know where to look for them.

Jon
Sonny Software