UTF-8 Support!

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
current

UTF-8 Support!

Post by current »

Bookends remains useless to me unless I can type in Chinese characters. How long until UTF-8 support can be expected?

Also, I understand that taste differs but I dare to say that the interface could be improved a little. That also holds true for your website.
Please don't take this as an offence.

best regards
Jon
Site Admin

Re: UTF-8 Support!

Post by Jon »

current wrote:Bookends remains useless to me unless I can type in Chinese characters. How long until UTF-8 support can be expected?
Bookends 8 will support UTF-8. No release date yet, but it is approaching.

P.S. Bookends 7 supports Chinese just fine if you set a Chinese font as a default font in Preferences. You just can't mix Roman and Chinese encodings in a single field. Of course, you will be able to in Bookends 8.
Also, I understand that taste differs but I dare to say that the interface could be improved a little. That also holds true for your website.
Please don't take this as an offence.
There will be some new interface elements in Bookends 8, which you might find more to your taste. As for the web site, yeah, that's not my forté. But it, too, will undergo an overhaul when Bookends 8 is released.

Jon
Sonny Software
current

Post by current »

Thanks Jon. I know how difficult design work is... just came a long way with greencurrent.org.
Let me know if you have a new design. I'd review it.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Hi Current,

Sure, contact me a support@sonnysoftware.com and we can discuss that.

Jon
Sonny Software