Out of Bounds Error when Importing

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
mtauton

Out of Bounds Error when Importing

Post by mtauton »

Does anyone know how to solve this?

Click on File, Import References or Command Shift I. And you get - ERROR: Out of Bounds.

javascript:emoticon(':(')
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

This bug was fixed within a few hours of uploading 8.1.2. Please download it again and you'll find this error message has been eliminated (it was due to a problem populating the pop-up menu listing the available import filters).

Jon
Sonny Software
mtauton

Thanks

Post by mtauton »

Thanks Jon,

That resolved the issue.
jwilhelm

Post by jwilhelm »

mtauton wrote:Does anyone know how to solve this?
Click on File, Import References or Command Shift I. And you get - ERROR: Out of Bounds.
Jon wrote:This bug was fixed within a few hours of uploading 8.1.2. Please download it again and you'll find this error message has been eliminated (it was due to a problem populating the pop-up menu listing the available import filters).
Jon
Sonny Software
Hi,
the same (Out of Bounds Error.) happens to me with Bookends 9.0.8., yet, afaik only with some files when opening the Info panel (Command Shift I) in list view.
After doing the "basic repair routine" a la permission checking via OSX BootDVD and even with Diskwarrior, i tried a hint given in an older Chronosync related thread (checking permissions; i did that with Pathfinder) because i'm using that quite often, but, sadly that didn't help.
After a complete crash of BE, i tried to clean up caches with Onyx and especially with Linotype FontXplorer without success. Any solution for this?
Joha
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

If you can reproduce the problem on another Mac, then send me the exact details of how to do it (which filter, what search, etc.).

If you can't reproduce it on another Mac, then it's something local. You can try removing Bookends Preferences, if you haven't done that already.

Jon
Sonny Software
jwilhelm

http://www.wilhelm.jp/files/BE-archive.zip

Post by jwilhelm »

Jon wrote:If you can reproduce the problem on another Mac, then send me the exact details of how to do it (which filter, what search, etc.).
If you can't reproduce it on another Mac, then it's something local. You can try removing Bookends Preferences, if you haven't done that already.
Jon
Sonny Software
Hi Jon,
the same happens on my powerbook, so it's possibly a soft-bug.
As the file is rather large, i give You a DL link 2 an archive containing the DB, UserLib-files and an attachment that's making problems:
http://www.wilhelm.jp/files/BE-archive.zip
Thanks for Your help in advance!
J
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Hi,

Hm, I opened your database and I saw that Adachi had an attachment icon. I opened the Attachement Inspector and it showed the attached pdf you sent. I then reattached the file -> no problems.

So, please, tell me what I'm supposed to be looking for? How should I try to reproduce the problem (and again, what the problem is)?

Jon
Sonny Software
jwilhelm

Post by jwilhelm »

Jon wrote:Hi,

Hm, I opened your database and I saw that Adachi had an attachment icon. I opened the Attachement Inspector and it showed the attached pdf you sent. I then reattached the file -> no problems.

So, please, tell me what I'm supposed to be looking for? How should I try to reproduce the problem (and again, what the problem is)?

Jon
Sonny Software
Hi & thanx for Your quick reply!
As explaining the problem(s) in text would be time consuming, i've made a movie to show You.
Also, BE crashes after having the Out of Bounds Error, so the following ZIP contains both, movie and report:
http://www.wilhelm.jp/files/movie-errorreport.zip
Thanks in adv. again & i hope You find out why!
J
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Hi,

OK, somehow the color (group) data for the Adachi reference became damaged, and that's causing the error. You can correct it by assigning it a color label (any will do) , then setting it back to normal. I did this, and the problem was resolved. I'll put some safeguards against this in the next release.

Jon
Sonny Software
jwilhelm

Post by jwilhelm »

Jon wrote:Hi,

OK, somehow the color (group) data for the Adachi reference became damaged, and that's causing the error. You can correct it by assigning it a color label (any will do) , then setting it back to normal. I did this, and the problem was resolved. I'll put some safeguards against this in the next release.

Jon
Sonny Software
Thanx! It works now! J