Formatted Ref and hypertext link as text

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
aroddick

Formatted Ref and hypertext link as text

Post by aroddick »

Hi there,
I have a workflow question/request. I take my notes on readings as separate text files - often in Drafts but ultimately ending up in Devonthink. I like to paste the formatted ref and hypertext link at the bottom of each individual note, so that I have a link back to the bookends source. Critical for me is to have the hypertext link as text, as I tend to work with plain text files. I wondered if there was a way to quickly grab that information? One option is to use a utility such as Better Touch Tool or keyboard maestro for a macro to copy both those pieces of information from Bookends, then paste them. Another would use the floating citation tool, which in terms of ease of use would be preferable - however, as far as I can tell, there is no way to get the hypertext link as text. Anyone have any ideas of quick, seamless ways to move this information out of Bookends?
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Formatted Ref and hypertext link as text

Post by Jon »

Edit -> Copy Hypertext Link -> Copy As Text (Option-Shift-Command-L) isn't what you want?

Jon
Sonny Software
aroddick

Post by aroddick »

Thanks. I guess I was getting greedy: the issue is that to copy the formatted version requires going back and forth, and I was hoping for a quicker way to grab both sets of information in one go. The floating window is great in its speed, but doesn't allow access to the hypertext link as text. No worries though - I'll map something out with Keyboard Maestro or BTT.
Cheers.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Adding that to floating citations is a possibility for a future update.

Jon
Sonny Software
aroddick

Post by aroddick »

Great - thanks for considering doing that.
mjvalente

Post by mjvalente »

Also very interested in this. (So I can more easily create a link to bookends' items. Using a special Bookends URI metadata field on DEVONthink, for instance.)
"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?"