Type-ahead (string matching) interferes with entering data with accented characters

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
alanterra

Type-ahead (string matching) interferes with entering data with accented characters

Post by alanterra »

I am trying to enter the author "Martinsson", but as I type the "i" in this name, Bookends attempts to match it with "Martínez" (accented i). Then when I type the "s" following the "i", nothing is entered, so the final name is entered as "Martnsson". There is something weird happening here with accented characters, for which I would appreciate the fix.

Workaround: enter the name without the "i" then use the arrow keys to go back and insert it without type-ahead trying to match it.
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Type-ahead (string matching) interferes with entering data with accented characters

Post by Jon »

If you think this is a bug report it to tech support.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2038

Jon
Sonny Software
alanterra

Re: Type-ahead (string matching) interferes with entering data with accented characters

Post by alanterra »

If anyone comes across this problem, I solved it by rebuilding the keyword index, per Jon's suggestion. It may have had something to do with normalizing unicode characters as well.