Q re: Remove Arbitrary Attachment Folders

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
alanterra

Q re: Remove Arbitrary Attachment Folders

Post by alanterra »

I think I have had some references deleted from my database by accident. I think the best way to find them is to change my attachment folder to another place, and then "Remove Arbitrary Attachment Folders…" to move attachments to the new place. Anything that remains in the old attachment folder will then be something I once linked to a Bookends entry, but which is no longer linked. After I fix the problems, I can move them back to the old attachment folder.

Before I do this, are there any issues with this idea? Will my attachments get renamed, or will they keep their old names?

TIA

A
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Q re: Remove Arbitrary Attachment Folders

Post by Jon »

Remove arbitrary attachment folder will simply tell Bookends to no longer search any folders for attachments OTHER than the default folder. This is for people who chose not to move the PDFs to the Bookends default folder but then decide to do it. Then they can have Bookends "forget" the other folders.

Do you mean Global Change -> Consolidate Attachments?

As for moving the PDFs back, just do it in the Finder with drag and drop. No names will then be changed because Bookends doesn't know about it.

You might duplicate your attachments folder in the Finder (or make a copy on a server) and work through this. If all is well, delete the duplicate folder when done. If not, you have all the PDFs unchanged.

Jon
Sonny Software
alanterra

Re: Q re: Remove Arbitrary Attachment Folders

Post by alanterra »

Thanks.