Adding links to Evernote documents

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
bobb

Adding links to Evernote documents

Post by bobb »

Sometimes in Evernote I create a list of links to documents, by using Edit/Copy Hypertext Link/Copy as Link. These had been showing as this:

The 3D Geophysical Investigation of a Middle Cretaceous to Paleocene Regional Décollement in the Cordillera of Northern Canada and Alaska

But now, when I try to add a link, it just ends up like this

bookends://sonnysoftware.com/73638

and I'd like to go back to the link that includes the full title. I've got Bookends 13.2.2 and I was playing around with using it to make a BibTex reference file, so I don't know if I changed some setting that affects how links are copied.
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Adding links to Evernote documents

Post by Jon »

That's what you get when you copy As Text.

Jon
Sonny Software
bobb

Post by bobb »

Thanks, and sorry if I was unclear, but I was doing copy as link. I just confirmed the behavior.
Screen Shot 2019-05-29 at 10.57.39 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-05-29 at 10.57.39 AM.png (54.02 KiB) Viewed 2712 times
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

I downloaded Evernote and checked -- you're right. The problem is with Evernote, it won't accept the title, just the link. Try with other apps like DEVONthink and you'll see the title is indeed copied by Bookends. You'll have to write to Evernote tech support and report this (they would probably see it as a feature request).

Jon
Sonny Software
bobb

Post by bobb »

Thanks. Good to know I wasn't doing anything wrong.