"copy notecard and citation" to Mellel

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
danzac

"copy notecard and citation" to Mellel

Post by danzac »

Is there a way to customize the "copy notecard and citation" when pasting to Mellel so that it:
1) removes the initial > from the quote, and
2) creates a footnote and places the citation in the footnote.

Currently when I use, at the end of the quote, the citation is placed directly after. It would work just fine for in-text citations, but for footnotes not so much.
~I swore to myself that if I ever got to walk around the room as manager people would laugh as they saw me coming and applaud as I walked away~
Jon
Site Admin

Re: "copy notecard and citation" to Mellel

Post by Jon »

Bookends doesn't create footnotes in word processing documents, the word processor does. So create the footnote first, place the insertion point there, then Copy Notecard and Citation.

As for the markup, Bookends won't remove that, it's just text. If people want that removed it would be a feature request.

Jon
Sonny Software
danzac

Re: "copy notecard and citation" to Mellel

Post by danzac »

Creating the footnote in Mellel is to place the citation information, whereas the quotation almost always goes in the body of the document.

So, I guess this is a feature request then, for "copy notecard and citation" to be able to optionally paste the notecard and create a footnote with the citation info. Same with the removal of the > used for quotations
~I swore to myself that if I ever got to walk around the room as manager people would laugh as they saw me coming and applaud as I walked away~