Simple question: How to enter special issues

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
larilela

Simple question: How to enter special issues

Post by larilela »

What's the easiest and most efficient way to enter special issues of a journal ? One way to do this seems to be "add type" via the formats manager. But the downside is if I use different formats, I'll have to be doing this several times... Doesn't seem so handy.

In my case I want to quote an article from a special issue, so that the title of the issue as well as the editors will be shown , e.h.

Hahn, Alois 1983. Konsensfiktionen in Kleingruppen: Dargestellt am Beispiel von jungen Ehen, in Neidhardt, Friedhelm (Hg.): Gruppensoziologie: Perspektiven und Materialien. Opladen: Westdeutscher Verlag. Kölner Zeitschrift für Soziologie und Sozialpsychologie, Sonderheft 25, 210-232.

where the title of the special issue is in italics.

For other cases I just want to display the editors and title of the special issue (but not a specific article from that issue).
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Simple question: How to enter special issues

Post by Jon »

Any way you slice it, if you want the formatted output to differ between this and other defined Types you'll have to create your own Type. It's possible you could use a metatype here, but that would be more trouble than it's worth. A conceivable approach would be to enter data you wanted handled differently from, say, a regular journal article in a User-defined field and then use conditional groups to tell Bookends how to output the regular vs the special editions. But again, I think that's more trouble than it's worth.

Jon
Sonny Software