Database engine error, compressor error

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
GJPhD

Database engine error, compressor error

Post by GJPhD »

Hi,

I use Bookends on my MacBook Pro, I have the latest version of Bookends and MacOS.

Since a few weeks, I keep getting this error (see attachment) that forces Bookends to quit.

I completely uninstalled Bookends (cache/application support/ plist) and reinstalled to no avail. I also ran at least two dozens repair/rebuilds, also to no avail.

As a test a few days ago, I also installed Bookends on my office iMac (with the same reg key... :/) and that one has been running like clockwork: no database error whatsoever. I copy/pastesd the cache/application support / plist from the iMac to my MacBook Pro as a potential solution, but that also did not help.

I am guessing that this issue is related to MacOS and Bookends, but would still appreciate some pointers for help: I am mostly writing manuscripts on my laptop while traveling, so having it run like clockwork on my MacBook Pro would be wonderful.

Thanks.

PS: I use iCloud Sync to sync my Bookends Library between MacOS and iOS.
Attachments
Database. Bookends.png
Database. Bookends.png (72.73 KiB) Viewed 2982 times
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Database engine error, compressor error

Post by Jon »

This indicates a problem with the database, not the application or the OS. I don't know why it's running on the office iMac. What I'd do is move the copy from the iMac to the MacBook Pro and see if it works there, now. And make sure you're running the same version of Bookends on both machines.

Jon
Sonny Software
GJPhD

Post by GJPhD »

On the iMac, I repaired/rebuild/verified/reindexed the database before copy/pasteing it.

But unfortunately, that does not work either.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Send the library that's giving the error to tech support.

Jon
Sonny Software
GJPhD

Post by GJPhD »

Done.