iCloud Upload does not seem to work

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
mak

iCloud Upload does not seem to work

Post by mak »

Hi,

I recently got a second computer that I would like to sync my database to via iCloud. Following the manual, I have uploaded my database to iCloud… the rotating activity wheel shows up saying "200 of 1269 items", then stops as if the process was ready. Also clicking the cloud icon will show the pop-up menu described in the manual after successful sync ("Sync now" etc.).

On the second machine, it is possible to select the library in iCloud using New -> Download from Cloud, but no references are being downloaded.

I have tried with a test library that includes just one entry, that worked. It just seems to me that the upload of my main library quits somewhere during the first 200 entries with no error message?

What may also be strange is that the upload dialogue says 1269 items while the library includes only 965 refs.

Any ideas?

Marcus
Jon
Site Admin

Re: iCloud Upload does not seem to work

Post by Jon »

Backup your local library. Then remove the library from the cloud, once done Rebuild your local library. Now try again.

Jon
Sonny Software
mak

Re: iCloud Upload does not seem to work

Post by mak »

Thanks Jon, problem solved!