Different default attachment folders for macOS and iOS

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
MBurer

Different default attachment folders for macOS and iOS

Post by MBurer »

I noticed today after dealing with some citations that had missing attachments that my Bookends for iOS and Bookends for macOS have different attachment folders.

Bookends for iOS: /Users/mburer/Library/Mobile Documents/iCloud~com~sonnysoftware~bot/Documents/
Bookends for macOS: /Users/mburer/Documents/Bookends/Attachments/

I don't think I manually chose these, but perhaps I've forgotten what I did when I set these up originally. In any case, what would be the best folder to use moving forward? I'd like to access my attachments on both installations of Bookends, but with the present folder setup it's a little hit and miss, as I regularly run into missing attachments on both platforms.

Thanks!

Edit: I am syncing my library through iCloud.
Serge

Re: Different default attachment folders for macOS and iOS

Post by Serge »

First of all please check that you have the “Bookends folder with icon” on the iCloud Drive on your Mac. Then move all your attachments from other local folders to this folder.

In Bookends for Mac: In preferences, set your default attachment folder to iCloud Folder For iOS Sync, so it will be:
/Users/user/Library/Mobile Documents/iCloud~com~sonnysoftware~bot/Documents