Sente migration – missing field on import

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
Benji

Sente migration – missing field on import

Post by Benji »

Hello,

I've been hanging on far too long to Sente, but with many functionalities now broken I finally decided to take the plunge and move everything (~14000 references) over to Bookends, which seems like a great alternative. I've been testing the import and it seems to be working really well – except for one issue which is quite crucial for me.

A field labeled "Description", which I can identify in the exported Sente.xml file (<tss:characteristic name="Description">), does not seem to map to anything in Bookends. This is a big problem since I've used this field quite extensively to provide additional information to be included in citations (e.g. "draft","working paper", "interview with...", "original version published as...", "paper presented at..." etc.).

Could the importer be tweaked to include this field, or is there any way I could get this information to appear somewhere in Bookends -- perhaps by changing the label in the Sente.xml file before importing it to Bookends?

Thanks in advance
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Sente migration – missing field on import

Post by Jon »

Parsing XML is quite dependent on the schema. Please send ONE exported reference from Sente as XML to support@sonnysoftware.com and I'll take a look and see what your best course is.

Jon
Sonny Software
Benji

Re: Sente migration – missing field on import

Post by Benji »

Ok will send it right now – thanks for the quick response.