Author search isn't

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
martinjp

Author search isn't

Post by martinjp »

There are times, in BE 13.2.6 and at least the previous version, when although BE claims to be conducting a search on the Author field, it evidently isn't. I attach a screen shot. Notice "Search Authors" indicated below the search field. Notice the name typed into this field: "Furui." And notice that the author(s) in the selected reference do not match this name. In fact, no author in the database matches this name, yet there are 1791 hits.
Attachments
BE0.png
BE0.png (82.89 KiB) Viewed 3430 times
martinjp

Re: Author search isn't

Post by martinjp »

Exploring further: the search function starts working before Return is entered. On some occasions the behavior I describe above occurs. I've haven't yet figured out what those occasions are. But once Return is entered, the correct results appear in the main window.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Reindex the library. If you find the search is still returning incorrect hits send the library to me and tell me exactly what to do to see this. If I can't reproduce it there's nothing I can do about it.

Jon
Sonny Software
martinjp

Post by martinjp »

Reindexing doesn't help. I'm trying to figure out the sequence of actions that leads to the problem...
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

When you do please let me know.

Jon
Sonny Software