Possible Bug: Import from On-Line Did not Work

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
DrJJWMac

Possible Bug: Import from On-Line Did not Work

Post by DrJJWMac »

I created a library called "test". I imported a BibTeX file of 10 citations by drag+drop. I then did a drag+drop of 10 PDF files that were associated with the 10 citations. Unfortunately, I imported every reference file to attach to every citation. So all 10 citations each would end with 10 PDF files.

(UGH)

I stopped this process part way to completion.

I deleted the library. It remained resident in my Finder Trash can.

I created a NEW library with the same name, test.

I re-imported the BibTeX file of 10 citations. This time, when I did the drag+drop of the 10 PDF files, I was sure to click the box to attach each file to its appropriate citation (OK, got that one).

I continued with an on-line search. In that process, I ask to have certain on-line citations imported to the (newly created) "test" database. To my surprise, NONE of the citations were imported. The reference source PDF files appeared in the Attachments folder, but the test library never grew beyond 10 citations.

I don't know where they all went. It was however rather (frustratingly) big surprise to find out after doing a long session of on-line search that nothing every was captured as I expected it to have been.

--
JJW
--
JJW
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Possible Bug: Import from On-Line Did not Work

Post by Jon »

If you want a discussion, post on the forum. If you want tech support, write to support@sonnysoftware.com.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2038

Jon
Sonny Software
DrJJWMac

Re: Possible Bug: Import from On-Line Did not Work

Post by DrJJWMac »

Jon wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:50 am If you want a discussion, post on the forum. If you want tech support, write to support@sonnysoftware.com.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2038

Jon
Sonny Software
Duly noted. I'll close this accordingly.

--
JJW
--
JJW