Attaching a PDF to existing reference & "unsorted" references

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
vulevu

Attaching a PDF to existing reference & "unsorted" references

Post by vulevu »

I recently moved from Mendeley to Bookends and I'm having issues with missing PDF attachments. I would like to be able to attach a PDF file to existing references, but this hasn't worked for me so far. Each time the programme creates a new empty reference with the PDF I wanted to attach, so I have to re-enter the reference data. I hope there is a better way to do this.

Also, Mendeley has a great feature to check if references haven't been added to a group yet. I haven't found a way to do this in Bookends yet, so I'm not sure if I've missed any.

Thanks for your help
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Attaching a PDF to existing reference & "unsorted" references

Post by Jon »

If you drop a PDF on a library window Bookends will attach it to the selected reference unless you tell it to create a new reference (see the options in the attach dialog).

Or, if you have a reference in the library with a DOI and drop a PDF on the library window that contains the same DOI Bookends will offer to attach it to that reference.

As far as checking for references that haven't been added to a group, that can easily be done with a smart group.

Jon
Sonny Software