A workflow question – BE and Word proof-reading

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
Cassady

A workflow question – BE and Word proof-reading

Post by Cassady »

Hello all,

I thought I would pop up my query here to get an idea of how other's have done this (since it's presumably a common scenario) – and to get a sense of what might be involved.

Currently, I am drafting in Scrivener.
I compile into Word, run the BE scan – send off to my supervisor.

At some point in the near future, we will be doing a final proof of the text, using an external proof-reader/editor.
She will receive the Word document already scanned, so as to 'see' what the final product looks like.

Question:

Assume she identifies a handful of citations that need to change, for whatever reason – these can of course be done by hand/manually.
But what if she identifies an entire 'type' of citation, where my BE 'format recipe' was incorrect.

What would one do in this situation?

Could I do the following:

1.) Take the Word document I receive back from her – and find/replace the problematic references with their equivalent {temp citations} again;
2.) Fix the 'format recipe' over in BE;
3.) Run the scan again – to hopefully only have BE replace the {temp citations} with the 'fixed/amended' references;
4.) Cut and paste (if necessary) the correct entries over into the 'original' bibliography, and replace the incorrect bib entries, with the new ones.

Would that work? Or am I missing something obvious?
Jon
Site Admin

Re: A workflow question – BE and Word proof-reading

Post by Jon »

You can add (temp citations) or remove final citations in the document, then rescan.

If you want to add or remove a citation from a citation grouping, you should unscan first, add/remove the temp citation, and rescan.

Note that in the former case Bookends will put the bibliography wherever it was initially moved to. In the latter the bibliography will be added at the end of the document.

Jon
Sonny Software
Cassady

Re: A workflow question – BE and Word proof-reading

Post by Cassady »

Thanks Jon!