Static Groups Missing

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
Blot

Static Groups Missing

Post by Blot »

Hi Jon

I recently upgraded bookends from 12.5.8 to 13.5.2, and also changed laptops.
Somehow, one of my static folders, which contained 45 static groups, simply became a static group and all of the static groups it contained disappeared. How can I fix this? I'd like to recover the 45 static groups.

Thanks
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Static Groups Missing

Post by Jon »

I'm not sure it can be fixed. But you can try. On a COPY of your library, right-click on the Groups pane. Choose Flatten Groups Hierarchy. I don't think it will work because the folder designation seems to be lost, but worth a try.

Jon
Sonny Software
Blot

Post by Blot »

What do you think caused it? I still have the old library running on the older version of Bookends with lost folder intact. Apart from manually repopulating each of the groups which would take forever, is there a way I can simply reexport it as a new library, then copy between libraries? Or something...this is quite frustrating.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

You can try Repairing the old library in the older version of Bookends.

Then have the newer version convert the fixed database.

If that doesn't work you can send me the old, working, database and I'll take a look.

Jon
Sonny Software
Blot

Post by Blot »

Thanks Jon, will try that now and let you know.
Blot

Post by Blot »

OK. So repair did not help.
Instead I took the 48 static groups out of their folder, and when I imported that library these static groups were still there.
Perhaps Bookends has problems when converting from earlier version libraries when folders contain more than a certain number of static groups...